Tuesday 24 February 2015

To Carb or Not to Carb

Hey folks,

So my first post was a couple of weeks ago now and I was in week 5 of my plan...Since then my weight loss has kind of slowed down aka stood still ;-)  I did hit my stone loss but went back up the following week so as it stands now I am currently weighing in at 17 stone 4 & 1/2 pounds.

I am not disheartened tho, Just because the scales hasn't moved doesn't mean I am not feeling the benefits... I have exercised more so I feel myself toning up, I have lost 1.5 inches from my waist since I started so it’s all good.

Recently I won a 6 week programme with a gym in my area, it was going to be all about losing weight whilst doing regular exercise, I was over the moon and couldn't wait to get stuck in.

On Sunday we had our first session - I am still feeling the pains from the exercise we did and whilst it is pain it’s a good pain, when I try to stand up I am getting up from the chair like an ole woman of 80!

So the diet part of the plan is a NO CARB - yep NO CARB diet...
This I will admit I am struggling with for a number of reasons:
1)  I shop for a family of 4 and to add additional items to suit my no carb plan would increase my costs
2)  My Hubby does the cooking during the week in our house and when I get home I just want to eat my dinner and not have to think about no carbs!
3)  The sustainability of it - What happens when I go back on my carbs after week 6?
4)  99% of the time we sit down to eat dinner as a family, alot of the time its the only part of the day where we are all together for that period of time, I don't want to have to be cooking my "other" dinner when they are having theirs
5) I have 2 kids, both thankfully relatively healthy with no major Food issues or hang ups (of course like all kids they don't like certain things) but I don't want to be showing them that I think its ok to not eat a balanced meal ie; no carbs!

Now don't get me wrong I am not saying it’s something you shouldn't do but I am just unsure if it the right thing for me to do.  I guess it’s a combination of all of the above and the fear of the unknown to a degree, I also worry that I will hate the fact I can't have carbs and I will just get sick of it all and throw in the towel on my whole plan! So for now Week 1 I am concentrating more on low carb than no carb let’s see how that goes!!

Until next time :-)


23.02.2015



No comments:

Post a Comment