Thursday 5 March 2015

My Inspiration & My Motivation

So here we are, 2 months on and I am 17lbs lighter  and I am seeing the number 16 on the scales for the first time in over 10 years - this makes me happy :-) very happy :-).

So my inspiration and my motivation, Yes of course I am doing this for myself, to make myself feel better, healthier etc but what sparked it? Aside from the shocking number on the scales!

A very old (old as in I know her a long time ;-) ) friend posted something on Facebook about operation transformation and I commented on it and we started a little conversation about weight loss and the ups and downs of it.  She decided to set up a group for those of us in that conversation and she called it the not fat anymore club :-)  In that group are 5 other ladies 4 of whom I have never met and I don't know at all, these ladies have become my inspiration and my motivation.

The terms of the group were that each week we would weigh ourselves and take a picture of the scales and post it to our group, at the beginning we also set challenges for ourselves drinking water, counting steps etc.  We did this every Monday morning because then we weren't so willing to fall off the wagon at the weekends.

Each day we have conversations, we post motivational pictures to keep us going, we share low fat recipes and enjoy our fat loss banter. 

These ladies were the very first people I shared my actual weight with, up until that point I hadn't even shared it with my husband, and if I am being completely honest I hadn't weighed myself in some time what’s that old saying? "What the eye can't see the heart can't feel" unfortunately the heart does feel it in this case!   

Out of the 6 of us I was the one with the most to lose, Some of the girls had maybe 7 or 8lbs to get to their target and others a little more - but that didn't matter - if we had 5lbs to lose or 5 stone it was all the same - we were all on the same journey, we wanted to be healthier, slimmer and feel better.

We are happy to share our failures and we support each other in them, we are delighted to share our success and we applaud each other for those.

Of course other people in my life have motivated me but these girls were the ones who sparked the fuse for my light bulb moment!

Our group has been renamed, Now we are the Skinny Minnie’s Club - some of us have gotten there sooner than others but we are all there for the journey.

Those ladies are my inspiration and my motivation - Thank you girls xx

Here's to us totally losing it!


05.03.2015



No comments:

Post a Comment