Monday 22 June 2015

That wagon nearly killed me!!

Ok, it is over 2 months since I last posted anything so to my blog followers I apologise!

I could lie and say oh you know I was away etc etc but to be honest I wasn't the truth is I fell off the wagon in style! Not only did I fall off the wagon but it actually ran me over, My get up and go basically got up and F*cked off.

I used to hear people say oh its easier to lose weight in the summer, you get out more, you eat less - to those people I say - WTF! Since May 1st my exercise routine has gone to pot, my diet has been very balanced in that I have covered all food groups including huge amounts of ice cream and I feel like I am constantly hungry.  So I have discovered I am a winter dieter. I have no idea why but I think it’s easier!

Back to reality tho and I have a few events coming up that I want to feel good for so I have set myself short term goals but in the midst of setting those I decided I needed a long term one...I recently turned 39 so in just under 12 months I will be standing on that hill they call 40 and I don't want to be puffed from climbing to the top, so out of breath I can't enjoy the celebrations, of which I plan on having plenty.

As I said it’s been a while since I exercised properly but yesterday I had the perfect excuse to go and find my mojo, a local 6K charity run/walk, the sun shone, the atmosphere was fantastic and I finished smiling because I found it, my mojo was back.  I enjoyed the walk - I hurt like hell today but it’s a satisfactory pain (you know the ones) so this morning bright and early when my body clock decided I'd had enough sleep I tied up my runners and bit the bullet, Granted I was walking like I had left my horse tied up somewhere but it felt great.

Diet wise its back to basics, I am not going to pretend I'm gonna say no thanks to that HB Swirl but I am going to make better choices for the coming weeks and see how it goes.

Here’s hoping better choices work!!

Until the next time (I won’t leave it so long)

LA

22.06.2015




No comments:

Post a Comment